Monday, February 11, 2013

The Dairy Queen Kid

Today was a good day. 

The boys were behaving, we needed some shoes.  So we went to the mall.  I'll admit, we do not venture out to much like this.  It is hard for me when Rian is not home to load everyone up in the car, into the stroller, into the errand, back into the car, and back home, all by myself.  But, today I did.

Cam got some shoes.  I got some shoes.  We looked for a Valentine's present for Daddy.  Because the boys were being so good, I decided to get them a little treat at the food court.

Check out my new kicks!
Two high school kids were working at the Dairy Queen.  I was a tiny worried at first, because they were texting when I walked up.  But, they were nice and agreed to make Collin and Casey's shakes in a cup with a full lid.  (We do NOT do the dome lids.  Milkshake would be everywhere in 2.5 seconds).  Cam got a Blizzard and was just so excited.  We were giggling a little about his fast shoes and we were wondering if we would be able to see the kid making Cam's Blizzard.  

Vanilla milkshakes.  Best ever.
He handed Cam his Blizzard and said these words (of which I will NEVER forget),
"You are such a happy Mom.  I wish my Mom was like you."


I needed that.  

Days get long with traveling husbands.  I cry at the end the night sometimes because I am worried that I am being too mean to Cameron, or that he is going to resent me because I am the only one who punishes him regularly when he is being naughty.  I worry about it, all the time.


So this high school kid said the perfect thing to me at the perfect time.  It made the rest of my night go easier, and tomorrow when I am tired and the boys are pushing the limits, I am going to remember it.  Thanks high school kid!

1 comment:

  1. #1. You are such a nice mom.
    #2. I'm glad I read this today. I just put Paul down for a nap after a morning of yelling and I'm feeling guilty. It's nice to know I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete