Wednesday, February 13, 2013

I Make Things



I like to make things.  A lot of different things.  My PINTEREST profile description is "Wife of One.  Mommy of Three.  Crafter of Many."  It's true.  

So hopefully every Tuesday, I can update you on what I am working on.  I am ALWAYS working on more than one thing.  Always.  

Here are this weeks.  They both happen to be crochet projects, which I do a lot of.  Senior year of college I taught myself how to crochet, and I have been going strong since.  I love doing it.  It keeps me calm.  It let's me be creative.  I get an awesome finished project at the end that I get to give to someone.  My main gig is blankets (we call them Kiki's), but I like to make hats and scarves and other smaller crochet projects. 

The first is a college graduation gift I am making for one of my former students that I still keep in touch with.  She is an awesome girl and graduating from Pepperdine in April!  Her favorite color is purple and I was inspired by this picture (I tried to get the link to credit this pic, but Pinterest said it was a suspicious link.  The bottom of the pic does say cutestfood.com, so we'll go with that.) :
Purple ombre cake. @Adria Riley (for my blanket pattern)

So far, I have just started the cream, but these are the colors that will be used throughout. 
Purple ombre graduation Kiki. 
The second is a baby blanket for someone special (who will remain nameless until she decides to announce).  They are Broncos fans, and probably not going to find out the sex of the baby.  I thought this baby Bronco yarn was perfect!  I am going to go with a polka dot pattern, I think.
Bronco baby Kiki.

No comments:

Post a Comment